Newest Post: Eikidankai Project: Formal Introduction

Good evening, my readers. Some of them already noticed the Eikidankai word is now reserved for my projects site, but then, what is the current whereabouts?  Contrary to expectations, I have been using most of my free time to work on this personal space, while slowly developing the fundamentals of my world-building. ... That is why I have not had enough time to introduce Eikidankai Project to you all. I found this occassion to be the right time to do it, so let's get started! And nope,  I did never leave the cheap community, but it is not my main focus for now. What's Eikidankai Project? It is the formal name given to my projects site. A personal space, seperated from my main blog, intended to feature original creations. Well, not 'original' in the most literal sense, but quite different from the usual. I have now the necessary knowledge and motivation for trying to keep moving forward. The existence's name where all my characters and stories take place will be ment...

M.U.G.E.N 1.00: Command Trigger - Buffer Overflow Attack

Good afternoon, friends.
Hmm, I never thought I would be talking about this vulnerability again, but well, let us go straight to the point.

As you can guess, this vulnerability also exists in M.U.G.E.N 1.00, but due to the NX Bit protection being active in the program, shellcodes cannot be directly executed, so it is required to use an exploit technique, known as Return-Oriented Programming, to circumvent said protection.

I have recently made an exploit that takes advantage of such vulnerability, but as there are several pointer limitations to build a ROP chain that jumps the engine back to default processing, it is currently limited to SuperNull ~ Reloader characters.

Sample image of Eikidankai using the CTBOF vulnerability in 1.00

Note:
As this exploit requires ROP chains to execute its shellcode, do not expect it to work on all the computers, so beware of it.

Well, that is all for today, have a nice day.